Oct 7, 2015

Enjoying Tierps Gammelgårds wooden buildings while waiting

Today I had a meeting in Tierp, Norduppland. I had an hour over and the weather was fantastic. I took the short walk to Gammelgården (Old farm), a festivity place for the the county, where Midsummers and National days are celebrated.
The area have a beautiful collection of wooden buildings from the county, some several hundreds year old. I love to look at wooden buildings, you often see the tracks of handcraft and that makes my fantasies going.
Who made them, often from their own forest to planks to buildings they probably where very proud off. I especially like when You really can see the remains from a ax, knife or a hammer in the wood, or the ironworks.
Here are my photos from the area, Enjoy!
Hope You enjoyed them!
On the way to my meeting did I pass another favorite, a building that always showing off autimn colours the best way possible:

Take Care and enjoy your day, Per!

No comments:

Post a Comment