Apr 9, 2014

Cow Manure & Ramson Cod Soup, both very good but not together!

After a few days of drizzly very much needed rain is it great garden weather again!

The other day my village gardenfriend Evy and I went to get Cow Manure! 10 50kg's should be enough for my garden just now.
 I put it in all the Pallet collars, both for Veggies and Flowers plus some where I want to kickstart new growth of the Snowberry hedges at the entrance.

This is October last year when I moved in!
The area around the wet areas where totally neglected and the Nettles where superhigh.
 This is how it looks now, a fantastic untouched Deciduous forest/Lövskog with a rich birdlife.
To the far right I want to create a seating area, as well under the big tree to the left where I now feed the birds.
 The ground just now: Nettles (as well as Thistles & Ground Elder/Kirskål), food for some, but far too much of it for me.
I decided to keep big parts of it covered with Tarpaulin/Presenning the next couple of years to kill it off naturally.
I kept a open alley in the middle where I will have a path later to access the wet areas.
 This is how it looks from the new seating area.

People that know me know that one or two Fika breaks is a part of my gardening pleasure, so today when the sun was shining
My favorite Mug made by Susanne Thurfjell here in the village :D

This photo is taken from the other side of the stream and road. Here did the people have veggies and fruit fields in the old days, and I discovered a lot of Rhubarb plants and two large Black Currant bushes.
I have already re-covered the Rhubarbs, and today I took care of the rest.


 I did not only re-cover Black Currants today, I also digged up one neglected one on the border to my neighbor. Here I instead will plant a mixed hedge (Lilacs, Hansa Roses,..) to protect the Veggies paths from the cold Northeast winds.
 Happy discovery, the Rhubarbs I got from Evy and planted in the fall start to show it's beauty :D
 Another happy discovery, it  grows a lot of White Forrest Anemone/Vitsippa by the hedge at my entrance. As well as we like it at our cottage, I love it here as well :D

Inside my house up in the flower room does the Amaryllis come up for the season. I have been buying ready bulbs for Christmas and also bulbs in Amsterdam. When bloomed out I have put them in a pile in a wide pot and kept them outside in the summers, now they have a normal flowering season, not Christmas :D
 I took seeds from one of them last year, put them in soil a month ago and now I have a small Amaryllis leaf coming up :D
 Soon time to put this Danish braided Willow/Pil in the soil.
 My little Maple tree is still alive, as well as the Maple seeds I put in the pot



Since we have A LOT of Ramson/Ramslök did I include it in tonights dinner, a soup/stew with:
Ramson, Cod, Potatoes, Broccoli, Chili, Ginger, Selleri, Saffron & Crème Fraiche
Bon Apetite, Per!



No comments:

Post a Comment