Sep 6, 2015

Sigtuna, mission incomplete

This thursday I had a mission to visit Sigtuna Museum and really take my time there!
After 3 hours of Bus, Bus, Train, Train & Bus I was atlast at the door of the Museum, when I realised I had changed bag and my credit card to pay the entrence was at home, and not having enough cash for the entrance this turned out to be a Mission incomplete :(

But before going the long way home again I took a walk in the amazingly beautiful town of Sigtuna in Uppland!

Founded by King Erik the Victorious year 970 Sigtuna have an amazing history.

Follow me on a random walk through history and beautiful streets:
Roof of the City Hall
Decor over the door of the City Hall
Old buildings
Sigtuna Museum
Lush Gardens with gorgeous houses
Runestones scattered about in the town
Ruins of the Saint Olav Church
 Intricate Iron cross on a grave and a exciting house
The ruins of  the Saint Per Church
All in all it was definately not a waste of time, and I will do another attempt very soon

Ending this with a photo from one of the beautiful gardens, Rudbeckias/Echinacea!
Thanks for joining, Per!




No comments:

Post a Comment