Jun 23, 2014

Garden Inspiration: A Wet Walk in Uppsala Botanical Garden

The other day it rained when I went to the Botanical garden in Uppsala to see the inspiring and beautiful Ikebana exhibit.
But on the way to and from the Orangerie (where the exhibit are) could I not resist to stop here and there to admire and take photos of the flowers, especially the Irises, my favorites (just now).
I love their elegance and for Sweden a exotic look.
Since my own newly made Iris flower bed probably will take a year or so to fully flower do I enjoy looking at theese.

Now it's also time for the Elderberry, very popular for cooking in Sweden, juices, aquavitae, sorbets,...
And the flowers are stunning, even the berries later.
 I really liked this Elderberry, fantastic colours, but couldn't find a name
I wonder if this would give a different colour on the Elderberry juice?

On the wall to the Orangerie did I find this beautiful Paradise bush "Kolkwitzia Amabilis"
Water Lillies, always beautiful, but maybe even more so in rain!
This North American Alliun/Prärielök follow the shapes of the rain drops
Salvia, always stunning in huge rugs, these in flowerbeds outside one of the entrances
This Yellow Gentiana fascinated me, a really interesting shape
A few different Poppies
A Stemmacantha from Siberia & a delicate Saxifraga Sancta from Greece-Turkey
A elegant Laramie Columbine/Akleja from Wyoming and a huge rug of Lady's Mantle/Daggkåpa pushed down by the rain
In the Japanese part the Funkia/Hosta looking fantastic in rain
So ALL, I hope You enjoyed my Wet Walk as much as I did!¨
Take Care until next post!
Per!

2 comments: