Oct 7, 2013

Perennial Flowerbed & Luck in Auction

Digged, prepared and planted a 7 meter long Perennial flowerbed in the more formal part of my garden. 
My goal is that it will bloom all season, attract Butterflies & Bees and have a lot of bulbs of springflowers.
The flowerbed are visible from my kitchen window and will have sun more or less all day.

The back of my house have the entrance and the kitchen window, to the right is the "barn", with the hedge making a kind of courtyard with a seating area and there I will have a more formal garden
Here along the logs that separate the lawn from the gravel will I place the Perenneial flower bed
I decided to make the measurements after pallet collars, and it would be place for 6 of them, that makes more than 7 meters

A Coffeebreak or as we say in Swedish: Fika

 The soil is AMAZING, really dark and full of Earthworms
Decided against the Pallet Collars (Pallkragar) and digged the whole way to the logs!
 The first Perennial plants are down, doesn't look much, but they are mostly new plants bought in Autumn sales for 50% off:
My favorite Rose Louis Bugnet furthest away, thereafter; Steppe Salvia (Stäppsalvia), Smartweed (Pilört), Echinacea Purpurea (Rudbeckia), Anemone September Charm (Höstanemon), Salvia Sensation Rosde, White Astillbe, Echinacea Alba (Rudbeckia Alba) & Peony Edulis Superba (Luktpion),.
And off course spring bulbs, the symbolic flower of our county is Fritillaria Melegris (Kungsängslilja) and a lot of "Wild" Tulips (Vildtulpaner); Tarda, Little Beauty, Little Princess & Little Wonder
 Anemone September Charm (Höstanemon) & Echinacea Purpurea (Rudbeckia)
 White Astillbe

My Village Lövstabruk are famous for the Auctions that have been going on every summer since I was a kid, I was lucky there was a auction the other day.
 I do not need stuff, but I'm always looking for the Swedish stonewear pots from "Höganäs", originally used to store food like Lingonberry Jam. They are heavy, sturdy and perfect for larger Geraniums, Fuchsias and large plants that You don't want to fall over. I usually put Leca in the bottom, then a plastic container with the flower, in that way You have the support, but also a water reserv.
I was lucky, there was ONE and it's a large one, 12 litre!
 I got it for for 100Skr approx usd$15 :D
Next year I will put my small Walnut tree in it! I got the tree at Hellekis Herrgård last year and up here it's too cold for them so I have to take it in every year!

Thats all for now, tune in again next time, Take Care, Per!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Precis Hannu, jag har aldrig sett så mycket mask någon gång, kul :D

      Delete
  2. Vilket enormt arbete Du har lagt ner och härligt att följa dig och din trädgård Per :)
    Höganäskrukor är väldigt fina och vackra och betyder väldigt speciellt :)

    Din trädgård kommer att bli som en oas :)
    Du kanske skall vara med framöver i trädgårdstoppen :)

    Antar att din trädgård blir ett himmelrike, så vackert som du skapar!

    / Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Tina, jag det är många års drömmar som ska ut, och 15 års prenumeration av Allt om Trädgård, haha.
      Dessutom älskar jag Hannu's (ovan) lund, och det finns även plats för en sådan i framtiden :D
      Kra, Per!

      Delete