Oct 14, 2013

Friends & Frost

So there it goes, we had the 1st frost this night, 2 days earlier than expected.
Lucky me, I'm travelling on wednesday so I prepared the flowerbeds this weekend already, Spruce twigs for the Roses and Maple Leafs for all flowerbeds, today I put on one more layer.

It could be a expensive experience to create a new garden without friends!
I already got Rhubarbs/Rabarber, Brush Carnations/Bortsnejlikor & Columbines/Akleja from my village flower friend Evy (Thanks)!
Yesterday my friend Ann-Cathrin came the whole way from Vendel here in Uppland with some big plants of  Ball Thistles/Bolltistel (Thanks)!
And today my parents came here with Bulbs of Grape Hyacinth/Pärlhyacint (Thanks) :D

I also ordered Red Garlic Rossi di Sulmona from my friend Anna on Gourmetgarage in Denmark :D

Woke up to this beautiful view of frost and mist around my stream :D



Luckily I started to cover the new flowerbeds already this weekend




The bulbs of Grape Hyacinth from my parents I put in the entrance garden in the hole where I plan to plant a smaller tree in the future.

Tha Ball thistles I got from Ann-Cathrin I did put along the border to the neighbor, they will be big and bushy (hopefully) and be a part of a natural border in the future.

Digging those holes along the border resultet in a fun discovery, I came upon one of those garbage holes they had in the old days. The time before garbage trucks and sorting, the house & farmowners just digged a whole or used a hollow part of the property to throw down what couldn't be used.
I found porcelain and handmade crooked nails :)

Have a great day/evening, Per!

2 comments:

  1. Härliga bilder Per - din trädgård kommer att bli fantastiskt fin! Vitlöken är på väg och kommer säkert fram redan imorgon :D

    ReplyDelete